Caledonia - 245 foot square rigged Tall ship - SOLD
Welcome aboard the Caledonia! The largest tall –ship built in Canada in the past 100 years!
This finely appointed square rigged 245 ft./74.68 m barquentine was meticulously rebuilt and refitted to current SOLAS specifications and Transport Canada safety standards for international trade in 2008. She can accommodate a complement of 95 including passengers and crew in any trade as a passenger, sail training or research vessel. Currently moored in Canada on the Toronto Waterfront, Caledonia is ready to sail the seven seas.
Caledonia uniquely combines modern amenities in richly appointed cabins, spacious common areas including a pub and library with the allure and charisma of bygone days of tall-ship sail. The 31 cabins all have heat and air-conditioning. Many suites have lower ship queen sized beds. All suites have ensuite showers and toilets.
Business opportunities for Caledonia are boundless. The buyer is purchasing what could also be a majestic 3 star plus, 31 suite floating hotel (modern yet with old world charm), ready to be tied up at any major waterfront location in the world with 16 feet of water and immediately open for business!
Please contact us to arrange a showing of this proven sea going vessel being offered for sale by Privateer Yacht Sales at a bargain price of $5.5 M with financing available for the qualified buyer.
- Make of vessel: Cooks and Welton
- Name of vessel: Caledonia
- Model Year:1947/2008
- Builders LOA: 245 feet
- Builders Boam: 30 feet
- Builders Draft: 15 feet
- Dry Hull Weight: 810 tonnes
- Main Propulsion Number One
- Main Propulsion Type Single CPP Propeller
- Main Propulsion Power Source Deutz SBV8M 545 Marine Diesel
- Total BHP 1500 Hp
- Bowthruster 165 HP
- Rudder 1 Pintel
- The Caladonia was designed to be one of the most efficient international passenger vessels when it comes to fuel consumption vs. passenger capacity. The ship can operate quite inexpensively on hotel and propulsion mode compared to the market.
- Furuno 21 High Resolution Colour Display FR2125
- Furuno Daylight Display Radar 1832
- Furuno AIS Transponder Monitor Unit FA1502
- Furuno GPS Navigator GP37
- Furuno GPS Navigator GP150
- Furuno Doppler Speed Log DS 80
- Simrad Digital Repeater DR76
- Simrad Auto Pilot AP50
- Simrad Gyro Compass RGC 80
- Simrad Steering Tiller (qty.2) S35
- Furuno GMDSS A3 Area Console RC 1815
- Furuno VHF Radio Telephone (2) FM 8800S
- Furuno SSB Radio Telephone FS-1570/2570
- Furuno Inmarsat C Mobile Earth Station Felcom 15
- Furuno Naxvtex NX 700
- Icom VHF Airband Transceiver PS 80/ICA200
- Ships Intercom & Alarm Zenitel 8000
- Furuno Printer Unit (2) PP510
- Furuno Terminal Unit IB 583
- Furuno Control Unit FS-2570C
- Furuno Distress Message Controller DMC 5
- Furuno Alarm Unit IC306
- Fuel Oil 49.56 Tonnes
- Rutter Voyage Data Recorder System VDR 100G2/G2S
- Ship Security Alert System Sailor TT 3000
- Handheld VHF (3) Oceanus DSC GMDSS
- Sat Phone Iridium 9500
- EPIRB SAT FIND 406 PRO
- SART (2)
- Liferafts (12)
- Liferaft Davits (2)
- Rescue Boats (2)
- Rescue Boat propulsion
- Rescue Boat Davit (2)
- Ships Tenders (2)
- Ships Tender Propulsion
- Viking 25 DKF SOLAS A
- NDM SCM2.1. SWL 2.1T
- Narwhal SV 400
- Yamaha 40hp 4 Stroke
- NDM SCH 1.2 SWL 1.2T
- Narwhal HD 580
- Yamaha 70hp 4 Stroke
- Crew (20)
- Passengers (75)
Sanitation & Additional Aids
- Watermaking - 7,400 Gallons/Day
- Fuel Oil - 49.56 tonnes
- Portable water - 85 Tonnes Ship
Privateer Yacht Sales offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Join the adventure of a lifelime visit ...
See our lastest listing, Larinda 1767 Sultana Inspired
Attraction Vessel Tallship Schooner
Ask us about donated boats offered for sale to support Brigantine Inc's traditional sail training program for youth.
Peter Milley, President of Brigantine Inc/ Canadian Tallship Expeditions is past Chairman of the Canadian Sail Training Association. An Individual Member and Director of CSTA was elected Dec 17, 2011 to the executive as Secretary of this organization representing Canadian Tallships and sail training vessels.
Want to Volunteer
the opportunity of a lifetime to help North America's oldest continuous traditional sail training program
call: 613 544-5175
Attention US Buyers;
Looking for a particular boat? Call and we will find it!
Take advantage of the great exchange rates while you can. Let us assist you with the hurdles of importing a boat from Canada into the US.
West Coast Canada Buyers: Let us arrange shipping. Used boats in Eastern Canada are plentlyful and the price of shipping can offset by the high price of west coast boats.